Small Business Grant Fund & Retail (SBGF) & Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF)
To enable Folkestone & Hythe District Council to award grants announced in the COVID-19 response to businesses, we are asking that ratepayers complete the electronic form below.
We are still awaiting an update from our software supplier and will begin issuing grants as soon as we possibly can.
To qualify for the grants applicants must have a business rates liability.
Small Business Grant Fund
Hereditaments included in this scheme are those which on 11 March 2020:
- were eligible for relief under the business rate Small Business Rate Relief Scheme or the Rural Rate Relief Scheme
- have a rateable value up to £15,000 and that are occupied for Business use only
- Hereditaments occupied for personal use are excluded i.e. beach huts, private stables, moorings.
- Car parks and parking spaces do not qualify.
- Businesses that were in liquidation or dissolved as at 11 March 2020 will not be eligible.
Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant
- Hereditaments which on the 11 March 2020 had a rateable value of less than £51,000 and would have been eligible for a discount under the business rates Expanded Retail Discount Scheme had that scheme been in force for that date are eligible for the grant.
- Similar restrictions apply as with the Small Business Grant Fund.
- There will be one grant per hereditament.
For further guidance on business rates and retail discounts
Apply to Business Grant Fund
Keep up to date on further Gov.UK announcements on Business Grants Fund