Housing Service delivery under COVID-19
In order to ensure the safety of our tenants, leaseholders, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, the council's Civic Centre and satellite offices remain closed. In line with government advice on the management of the coronavirus outbreak, it has become necessary to make changes in the way we deliver our services.
We have outlined some guidance below which applies to when any council staff member or contractor visits you at your property.
When an appointment is booked with Mears, tenants and leaseholders are informed of the safety measures being taken. A text message is also sent containing a link to a video which can be viewed for further information.
Our officers or contractors
When our officers or contractors attend, please adhere to the following where possible:
- If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms, please cancel or rearrange your appointment
- Maintain minimum two metre social distancing from any contractor or staff member visiting your home
- Wear a mask or mouth and nose covering such as a scarf
- Clean contact points such as door handles before and after the visit
- Wedge open doors to any room we need access to
- Ventilate any room we need access to by opening windows
- Keep all family members and pets out of rooms where our officers and contractors need to work
- If requested, please allow our contractors and staff to wash their hands
- Please advise our contractor or staff member if you prefer them to wear a mask.