Gambling and charities

Gambling premises licences, gaming machine permits, other gambling permits, as well as charity collections

We have responsibility for betting, casino and bingo premises as well as premises with gaming machines and small society lotteries. You can read our Gambling Policy which sets out our approach to meet the licensing objectives of the Gambling Act 2005.

Gambling premises licences Information for licensing premises that offer facilities for gambling such as casinos, bingo halls, betting tracks, betting shops, and adult gaming centres Gaming machine permits If you run an alcohol-licensed premises or an unlicensed family entertainment centre and you wish to install gaming machines, you need a permit Club machine or gaming permits If you run, or wish to set up, a club which offers gaming or gaming machines to its members, you will need a club permit Prize gaming permits If you want to offer prize gaming at your premises, and don't already have a gambling premises licence, you will need a permit Small society lotteries If you wish to run a small lottery (for example, a raffle or tombola) for a non-commercial society, you need to register it with us Responsible authorities for gambling licensing When you apply for a licence or permit, you will usually send your application to us, as well as other organisations with responsibility for licensing who may support or object to your application Street collections You'll need a permit if you want to collect money or sell items for charity on the street. Street includes any public area House to house collections If you're a small charity or local group and you wish to make house to house collections, you must have a permit Gambling Act 2005 Consultation on draft revised Statement of Principles 2018 You are invited to submit your comments on Folkestone & Hythe District Council's Gambling Act 2005 draft revised Statement of Principles.