Find out more about COVID-19 and the help available to residents and businesses here

Boat and canoe licences

You must have a licence if you wish to use a rowing boat, canoe, paddle board, dinghy or other small non-motorised craft between Seabrook Outfall and West Hythe Dam on the Royal Military Canal

Before you start

You must have public liability insurance.

If you are a member of British Canoeing insurance is included in your membership.

How much it costs

Boat and canoe licence fees
Boat licence
  • £30 for 3 months
  • £48 for 1 year
Paddle board/Canoe licence
  • £19.50 for 3 months
  • £29.50 for 1 year

How to apply

You will need to

Log into your MyAccount (or create an account if you don't already have one) to complete the form. MyAccount is an easier and quicker way to interact with us and is available 24/7

·         Complete the application form

·         Pay the appropriate fee


What happens next?

We'll get in touch if we need any additional information, otherwise we'll aim to process your application in 5 working days.  We will send the licence to your registered address.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page