The terms of reference for the working group are as follows:
1. To provide strategic oversight across a range of development issues affecting the district considered part of the Junction 11 project;
2. Provide a co-ordinated member view to shape and influence SDC responses to partner organisations and to elements of projects as they emerge and develop;
3. To act as an informal body in challenging officers to ensure that high quality outcomes are secured in delivering the corporate agenda;
4. To provide a link between the Council’s key corporate documents (e.g. Core Strategy Local Plan, Places and PoliciesLocal Plan, Corporate Plan & Economic Development Strategy) and developments proposed in the area; and
5. To take into account the legal, financial and risk implications of development proposals, drawing on relevant officers and specialist input as needed.
Support officer: Sue Lewis.