The Strategy and Policy Team regularly undertakes consultations on the development of its Local Plan and other related policy documents.
We want to ensure that our plans are supported by residents, stakeholders, businesses and other members of the community as we recognise that planning affects everyone in some way. Therefore, it is important that people understand the planning process and are given the opportunity to get involved in it so that they can share their ideas and influence planning decisions.
There are currently no consultations.
The online consultation portal allows registered users to comment on Local Plan Documents when they are out at public consultation and to give us feedback about the growth of the Folkestone & Hythe District.
Key benefits of registering and making representations online include:
- Optional email updates - keep up to date when new documents are available for consultation;
- Ability to view other consultees' comments once they have been made available;
- Search facility - to find comments you and others have made on documents;
- Ability to update personal details instantly - make sure we always have your latest postal and email address;
- Ability to deactivate your account if you have moved out of the area or no longer want to hear from us - you can switch it back on again at any time;
- Option to specify preferences on how and how often you prefer to be contacted;
- You can view documents/comments as soon as they are available;
- Environmental benefits of using a paperless online system.
To register on the database, comment current consultations or view comments on previous consultations, please visit the consultation portal.