- Your housing benefit will be paid directly into your rent account
- The payment is sent at the beginning of each week
Housing association tenants
You can have your rent paid:
- directly to your housing association
- into your bank account
Payments are made every four weeks in arrears.
If you don't fall under the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) scheme we can:
- pay your landlord or landlord's agent directly
- pay directly into your bank account
If you're claiming under LHA we pay directly into your bank account. It's then your responsibility to pay your landlord. Payments are made every four weeks in arrears.
Payment of housing benefit by BACS
If you think you'll struggle with the responsibility of paying your landlord you can speak with our benefits team and we can arrange to pay them directly or complete and return teh form.
Direct payment to landlord form
Sharing information with your landlord
Sharing information with your landlord could help us deal with your claim more quickly and reduce the risk of your falling behind with your rent.
To give us permission you need to complete the sharing infromation with your landlord form.