What information do I need to provide with my application?
- contact details
- location and description of the proposed work
- payment reference number (the application form contains a link to the online payment utility)
- copies of documents relating to your application
What documents do I need to upload?
You need to submit a:
- detailed specification of the proposed work
- scaled plan (1:50) sections and elevations of the proposal
- site location plan (1:1250) and block plan (1:500)
- vertical section through building showing construction details
- details of provision for drainage
- Structural design calculations (where applicable)
SAP or SBEM Thermal Efficiency Design calculations (for new buildings over 50 sq.m floor area)
What file types can I upload?
Please note that there is a 5MB size limit on all files that can be attached.
Accepted files types are:
- Images (jpeg, gif, png)
Can I take pictures of my documents using my smart phone?
Yes. If you take an image with your smart phone or tablet please ensure that documents are saved as one of the accepted file types above.
What happens next?
- you will need to log into your MyAccount (or create an account if you don't already have one) to complete the form. MyAccount is an easier and quicker way to interact with us and is available 24/7
- complete the application form
- pay the appropriate fee
After you've submitted your application, we will assess your plans to make sure they comply with building regulations and raise any queries with you or your architect.
We will let you know our decision within five weeks (extendable to two months on request).