We want to support existing businesses to grow and attract new inward investment into the district
We work with businesses to support economic growth and with investors to encourage new business and investment in our district.
Economic development strategy
Our district's Economic Development Strategy to 2020 (PDF, 2.28MB) sets out our ambitions for the future.
Four priorities for action are identified:
- Building on our current and emerging economic strengths.
- Boosting productivity and supporting business growth.
- Promoting further investment by maximising the value of our assets and stimulating confidence
- Improving education and skills.
You can download the district in context (PDF, 2.47MB) which is the analysis and evidence base for the economic development strategy.
Delivering the strategy
To deliver this strategy we've introduced a number initiatives including our Folkestone.works website which provides further information for business on our:
- Business support programmes
- Funding available for business
- Networking opportunities and business events
- Available property and development opportunities
For further information and to contact our economic development team, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Folkestone Town Centre research
In 2019 visitors to Folkestone Town Centre were surveyed to help inform regeneration of the area. The results reflect an honest assessment of the town centre which outlines strengths and weaknesses common to many towns across the UK.
Folkestone was praised for its independent shops, unique coastline and sense of community, while some issues were acknowledged such as the appeal of the town centre, empty shops and lack of leisure facilities. These findings have already helped shape the council's economic development agenda.
The full survey report can be viewed here. survey report (PDF, 1.08MB)