Any incident, large or small, whether it is natural, accidental or deliberate, can cause major disruption to your organisation
In partnership with Kent County Council, we provide free generic advice and assistance on business continuity to commercial and voluntary organisations in the district.
What is business continuity management (BCM)?
BCM is about identifying those parts of your business that you cannot afford to lose, for example staff, stock, information, premises, and then planning how to maintain these if an incident occurs.
Any incident, large or small, whether it is natural, accidental or deliberate, can cause major disruption to your organisation. If you plan now, rather than waiting for it to happen, you will be able to get back to business as usual in the quickest possible time.
Advanced planning helps your business to:
- reduce the potential for financial loss
- maintain a good reputation
- improve staff confidence
- avoid negative publicity
BCM plan template
Download the BCM plan template to help you formulate a robust contingency plan.
Business continuity Plan Template (PDF, 25KB)
- GOV.UK: Cyber security: advice for small businesses
- GOV.UK: Cyber security skills: a guide for business
- Environment Agency: A guide to preparing your business for flooding (PDF, 1.17MB)
- Flooding evacuation guidance for owners and operators of caravan park and campsites (PDF, 315kb)