Folkestone & Hythe District Council is running a limited scheme to support low income households with energy efficient solutions to help reduce their costs and supply more efficient items to replace broken ones. This includes:
- Boiler servicing to ensure boilers are as efficient as possible.
- Boiler replacement for items that are no longer suitable for use.
- Oil heating tune ups and support for residents that use oil for fuelling their home.
- White goods provision. To supply replacement or new energy efficient items to households including cookers, fridges/freezers, washing machines/dryers, microwaves and other items as appropriate.
- Beds and mattresses to homes that do not have suitable bed provision.
Applications where landlords have a duty to provide the services above will not be considered.
To be eligible for support from this scheme you must be a resident in the Folkestone & Hythe District area and in receipt of a benefit or on a low income. Accepted benefits/reductions are listed below:
- Universal credit
- Working tax credit/Child tax credit
- Employment and support allowance
- Jobseeker's allowance
- Income support
- Pension credit
- Housing benefit
- Council tax reduction
You should also not have access to any funds that can be relied on to meet the need you are applying for, and where you would be left with insufficient resources which would cause serious risk to your own, or your family's, health, or safety.
To apply for support you should complete our online form, requesting what support is required. We may ask you questions about your income and expenditure in order to make a decision on eligibility.
We will pass on your information to partnered suppliers in some cases in order for the delivery, fitting and removal of items to be administered.
This scheme is discretionary and awards are not guaranteed. This is a limited scheme and if funding for an element of the scheme runs out, that element of the scheme will close.