If you wish to sell your a vehicle on the road you need to apply for consent.
Before you apply
- the vehicle can only be offered for sale outside the registered keeper's address
- you may not advertise your vehicle for sale until you have received consent, which must be clearly displayed at all times
- the vehicle must be taxed and have a current MOT if over 3 year's old
Please note, there are certain streets where trading is prohibited. Also, failure to gain consent is an offence which could lead to fine of up to £1,000. It is also an offence to sell vehicles on the highway as a business.
How much it costs
There is no charge for the consent which can be granted for a period of up to 6 weeks.
How to apply
You will need to:
Log into your MyAccount (or create an account if you don't already have one) to complete the form. MyAccount is an easier and quicker way to interact with us and is available 24/7.
- complete the application form
- upload supporting documents
What do I need to provide with my application?
You will need to supply:
- the current vehicle insurance; and,
- the vehicle V5/V5C in your name and address with the application.