Private Hire Operator Licence
Who can apply?
The address from which you want to operate must be based within our district.
How much it costs?
- £120 for Single Vehicle Operator
- £943 for Multiple Vehicle Operator
How to apply
You will need to:
Log into your MyAccount (or create an account if you don't already have one) to complete the form. MyAccount is an easier and quicker way to interact with us and is available 24/7
- complete the application form
- pay the appropriate fee
- have a basic Disclosure and Barring Service ( DBS) check. ( This is not required if you are also applying for a Drivers Licence and have applied for an enhanced DBS check or if you have an up to date online DBS certificate which we can access.
Apply for licence
Duration of licence
Licences last for 5 years.
What happens next
- If the application and supporting information is ok, we will issue a licence.
- If there are doubts about your suitability to hold a licence, your application may be referred to a licensing subcommittee for a decision.
- If we refuse your application , we will write to explain the reasons why and how you can appeal.
You can find more information about our approach to applications and the licence conditions applicable to private hire operators in the Folkestone & Hythe District Council Taxi Policy