Event road closure application

If your event requires a road closure there are two different legislations that can be used to carry this out.

  1. The first is a Town Police Clauses Act 1847 (TPCA) road closure which can be administered by us.
  2. The second is a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) which must be put in place by KCC Highways.

You are advised to contact KCC Highways at least 15 weeks before your event with the details of the event and the roads that would need to be closed.

KCC Highways will then be able to confirm which road closure you will need to use for your event. Once this has been established you must confirm which type of road closure will be used on EventApp, so that the appropriate action can be taken.