Click here to find out about the changes to our waste collection service from Monday 10 May

Breaches of planning controls

What to report and what not to report

What can I report?

Planning enforcement primarily deals with breaches of planning controls, where:

  • works are undertaken without planning permission;
  • where planning conditions are not complied with; or,
  • where the use is changed without planning permission.

How do I report it?

You can report an alleged breach of planning controls using the link to the form below. Initially you will be asked to create a MyAccount (if you don't already have one) which will enable you to track progress of your application.

Planning breaches you can report

Some of the alleged planning breaches you can report include:

  • residential extensions without planning permission
  • advertisements displayed without permission
  • illegal works to listed buildings, protected trees, or in conservation areas
  • developments affecting road safety
  • contamination
  • land use adversely affecting amenity
  • untidy sites

You can search the online planning register to see if a planning application has been made for a particular development.

What shouldn't I report?

We won't investigate:

We also won't get involved with investigations of land ownership, boundary disputes or neighbour disputes.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page