Folkestone & Hythe District Council offer a support service for tenants who are experiencing difficulties with housing who meet specific criteria for referral.
Prevention Plus is a 12 week programme open to individuals or couples without children who live in the Folkestone & Hythe district and who are experiencing difficulties with housing. They may also have problems with:
- Debt/rent arrears
- Health and wellbeing
- Family/host mediation
A landlord can ask the tenant's permission to make a referral for them. Please contact the Prevention Plus Officer on 01303 853483 with the tenant's contact details and a brief description of their current situation.
KCC Housing -related Support workers (floating support)
Kent County Council (KCC) offer housing-related support (or floating support) to vulnerable adults (over 16) who are:
- Facing eviction
- Struggling to manage their tenancy
- Having difficulty budgeting & paying their rent
- Fleeing domestic violence or experiencing harassment
Floating support services are short term (less than 1 year) and will have the flexibility to support tenants wherever they live.
The service can help tenants to:
- Set up and maintain a home or tenancy
- Manage finances and benefit claims
- Develop independent living skills
- Gain access to other services
- Ensure their accommodation is safe and secure