This service is not available for businesses, charities or commercial properties, if you require collection please contact private waste contractor.
What you need to do if you would like to book bulky waste collection
- check your bulky waste item is included in the list below of what we can collect
- click on the request button and log into your MyAccount (or create an account if you don't already have one) to complete the bulky collection request. If you are already logged into your MyAccount the My waste services page will open automatically
- select the title 'Request bulky collection' from the My waste services menu. The title is located at the top of the page on the right hand side
- let us know your collection point and select the item that you would like collected
- select your collection date (please note you may only be offered one collection date depending on availability)
- make your payment (if no payment is made within 24 hours your booking will be cancelled)
- You will need to book and pay in advance to have any bulky waste collected
The collection will be made from the address in your MyAccount. Please check your details are correct in MyAccount before making your booking.
What we collect
We only collect the following items:
White goods / kitchen / utility
- fridge, freezer, fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, cooker
Household or garden furniture
- wardrobe, cupboard, chest of drawers, cabinet, bedside table, sideboard, dressing table, table, tv stand, door, desk, chair, drawers, armchair, garden chairs, garden table, sun lounger, bed headboard, bed base/frame, settee , sofa bed, mattress, Christmas tree, bicycle, carpet, exercise equipment
- TV, lawnmower, PC monitor, vacuum cleaner, microwaves
What we don't collect
- rubble, wood, building materials, black sacks of rubbish or garden waste
- solid metals, including cast iron and baths
- items containing glass
- sinks made of ceramic or metal
Size limit for bulky waste item
- All bulky items must be 1.8 metres (6 feet) long or less
- The bulky item should be able to be lifted by two people
How much does it cost?
|Bulky household collection (one item)
|Cost per additional item in same collection (up to maximum of four)
|Cancellation fee (refunds can only be made if the booking is cancelled one working day in advance)
|Rebooking cost for an unsuccessful visit
Where you should leave the item/s
You must leave them outside your property either on your drive or front garden if you have one. For properties with no drive or front garden you can leave it on the pavement as long as it does not cause an obstruction. Please contact customer services if you are unsure.
We are unable to collect bulky waste from inside your property - please ensure you are able to leave it outside the front of your property before booking.
What happens next
Once the booking has been completed and the appropriate payment made the waste contractor will collect the items between 7am and 6pm on the selected day
You must leave items outside your property by 7am ready for the pickup. If it is not there and visible for the contractor at the time of collection refund will not be given.
Freegle is free online platform helping people give away things that would otherwise go to landfill and also get useful items for free in the Folkestone area.