Premises licence transfer

You can apply to transfer a premises licence into your name.

Before you start

If you are applying as an individual, you must be over 18 and have the right to work in the UK.

You must make reasonable attempts to contact the current licence holder to obtain their consent to the transfer.

How much it costs


How to apply

  • log into your MyAccount (or create an account if you don't already have one) to complete the form. MyAccount is an easier and quicker way to interact with us and is available 24/7
  • Complete application form
  • Consent to transfer form to be completed and uploaded via the form
  • Pay the appropriate fee

You must send a copy of your application to the Chief of Police and , if the licence permits sale of alcohol or late night refreshment, to the Home Office ( Immigration).

Check our list of responsible authorities for contact details. Please read guidance notes before completing the form 

Guidance notes - Transfer a premises licence 

Apply to transfer a premises licence

Consent of Premises Licence Holder to Transfer

What happens next?

Once the transfer has been processed we will notify you, the police, and the previous licence holder.

If there is a Designated Premises Supervisor named on the licence, you must notify them of the transfer.

If representations are received, then a hearing of the licensing sub-committee who will decide whether to approve or refuse the transfer.

We will confirm the decision in writing and how you can appeal if you disagree.