Alcohol, entertainment and late night food

Activities must be authorised by a premises licence, a club premises certificate or a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) for the:  

  • Retail sale of alcohol
  • Supply of alcohol to a club member or guest (qualifying clubs only)
  • Provision of regulated entertainment
  • Hot food or hot drink between 11pm and 5am (except for hotel guests and workplace canteens)

Find out more about licensable activities here.

You can read our Licensing Policy which sets out our approach to our functions under the Licensing Act 2003.

When you apply for a licence you must send a copy of your application to other organisations (responsible authorities), who may make representations.