Change your address for council tax

How to report and what information is required

  • using the report button, log into your MyAccount (or create an account if you don't already have one) to complete the tell us you are moving form
  • once on your MyAccount homepage click on the "council tax" button 
  • select the appropriate form for your circumstances located underneath the heading - Tell us if you are moving or selling a property
  • complete the relevant questions on the form and submit

To complete the form you will need:

  • the postcode of the property you are leaving or occupying
  • the full name of all the adults that are moving in or out together with the date they moved and a forwarding address
  • the date of sale or purchase of all relevant property
  • the tenancy start date or end date of all relevant property 
  • the name of any new or previous owner or name and address of your landlord or letting agent 

MyAccount is an easier and quicker way to interact with us and is available 24/7. For information about MyAccount visit the find out more page.

Report a change of address

What happens next?

Once your move has been processed you will receive an amended bill, if we are unable to process your move and require further information we will contact you by phone or email.

Did you know that you can receive your council tax bill via email. To sign up for electronic billing visit set up electronic billing.