Change of circumstances for council tax reduction

This form can be used to let us know about changes that can affect both council tax reduction and housing benefit

What changes do we need to know about?

You need to tell us if any of the following change:

  • your address (even if it's to another room in the same house); please note that if you only claim Housing Benefit at your current address and are now liable for council tax you will need to apply for council tax reduction separately 
  • people who live in your home
  • the income, capital, or savings of anyone living in your home
  • a young person living with you leaves school
  • a change in your payment details

Report a change in circumstances

How to inform us of a change in your circumstance

  • click on the "Report a change in circumstances" button above
  • select the appropriate form for your change
  • complete the change in circumstances form, making sure you have:
    • your claim reference number
    • full details of your changes

Submitting your evidence

Once you submit the online form, if you have included your email address you will be emailed a list of any evidence required to process your application, which you can submit via the following page

Upload your evidence for your council tax application

What happens next?

Once your application has been processed you will receive an entitlement letter. If we're unable to process your change and require further information we'll contact you by phone or email.

Claim reviews

If you have received a letter of email to complete a review of your claim please click the link below. You will need your last name, national insurance number, date of birth, postcode, benefit claim number and your access key.

Complete your claim review