You may be able to get some extra help with your council tax
Who can apply?
To be considered for a Financial Support Payment award, you must:
- be experiencing extreme and intolerable financial hardship;
- be getting or have applied for Council Tax Reduction; and
- show that you have tried all other reasonable ways to try to pay your Council Tax
Additional Support for Kent County Council Care Leavers
For Kent care leavers aged 21 to 25 years, Financial Support Payments can offer further support for council tax once council tax reduction is in payment. Qualifying tax payers should apply for Financial Support Payments and provide evidence of their status as a Kent County Council care leaver.
Kent care leavers responsible for council tax aged 18 to 21 years should contact Kent County Council with regards to further support for council tax payments.
More information can be found at the Kent County Council Care Leavers information page
How it works
Financial Support Payment is not a cash payment, but an account balancing payment to help manage debt.
Any award approved will only be made for council tax within the current financial year and will only be provided for a limited time.
How to apply
Complete the online application form, making sure you provide:
- your council tax reference number
- information on any illnesses or disabilities that you think contribute to higher expenses eg a letter from your GP
- the value of household savings and other assets
- details of household income and expenditure
What happens next?
We will notify you of the outcome of your application in writing via email or post.