Right to buy your council home

Thinking about buying your home?

Buying a home is often the biggest single investment most people will ever make therefore, there is a lot to think about around the costs associated with this. We have put together some information for you to assist you in making the right decision for you.

How do I apply for the Right to Buy (RTB)?

You need to complete the RTB1 form, an insolvency declaration form and supply the correct supporting documentation. The details of how to complete the forms and what supporting documentation is required are detailed within the FHDC RTB guide. Please ensure you read through the guide and complete the form fully before submitting it to us.

Are there any other options to the RTB?

If buying the council property you are in isn't suitable for you there may be other alternative options for you. The government's help to buy website indicates some of the alternative options which may suit you better.

RTB-1 form (PDF, 205KB)

Insolvency form (DOCX, 17KB)

FHDC Right to Buy Guide (PDF, 781KB)

Your Right to Buy Your Home Guide (PDF, 539KB)

If you do need any assistance or have any other questions, then please contact leasehold.service@folkestone-hythe.gov.uk