What is fly-tipping?
Fly-tipping is any rubbish that has been dumped illegally. It spoils the environment and creates health and safety hazards.
We are responsible for removing it from our streets, parks, and open spaces.
Fly-tipping is a criminal offence. It carries a maximum penalty of £50,000.
Report it to us
If you find waste dumped on public property, report it to us. We'll arrange for it to be picked up and try to prosecute the fly-tippers.
If you wish to report it anonymously select the 'Report anonymously' option on the MyAccount log in page
What information do I need to provide?
Give as much information as you can about:
- the location
- the items being fly-tipped
- how large the area that the fly-tipping covers
- date and time of the offence
- a description of the person/people involved
- a description and registration details of any vehicles involved
If it's a serious incident, for example lorries dumping waste, call:
- The Environment Agency 24-hour hotline on 0800 807060
- Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111