If you've lost a dog, contact us on 01303 853660, Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm, or use LiveChat Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm. Our out of hours number 01303 221888
What information do I need to provide?
When you call us you will need to give the following information:
- your name, address and contact number
- a description of your dog
- an approximate time and date lost
- location when lost
What we can do
We will speak to our Environmental Enforcement Officer when on duty to find out if the dog has been reported to us.
We post details of lost dogs on our Facebook page, so it may be worth checking on there, if you have a Facebook account.
How do I get my dog back?
Details of circumstances when and where the dog was lost and proof of ownership must be provided eg:
- vaccination certificates
- written confirmation from a vet registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- pedigree certificate
- pet insurance certificate
If the dog is found in the district and taken to the kennels and we are satisfied you are the owner and the required fees are paid an officer will contact you to arrange the dog's return.
Please note that out of office hours, returning a dog to an owner from kennels is not possible, but we will confirm whether your dog is safely kennelled and arrange for it to be returned to you during office hours.
|Type of service||Amount to be paid|
|Collection fee||£25.00 (statutory Government fee)|
|Out of hours service fee||£53.92 ( if the dog is brought to us outside our normal working hours (weekdays 8.30am to 4.30pm)|
(Maximum 7 days)
|F&HDC microchip fee||£5.13|
|Veterinary fee||(This is variable - to a maximum of £150 without our approval . The kennels must provide us with written evidence of the treatment provided)|
|Flea treatment fee||£8 - £12 depending on dog size|
|Worm treatment fee||£8 - 12 depending on dog size|
|Vaccination fee||£25.83 (The kennels must provide us with written evidence of the treatment provided)|
- Please note we do not accept cash payments.
- After you've paid the total fee to our Customer Services Team. You can only pick up your dog from the Civic Centre, Castle Hill Avenue, Folkestone CT20 2QY between 9am-4pm Monday - Friday.
- Payment must be received before collection is made. This allows our Officers to confirm payment is made and collect the dog from the kennels and return it back to the owner at the Civic Centre.
- Please make sure you bring a dog collar and lead for the dog at the point of collection to avoid the dog from running off and becoming a stray again, and not being able to keep the dog under control. Failure to do so could result in the dog being held until they return with the correct items or returning it back to kennels.
To avoid losing, or to help you find your dog
- make sure your dog wears a collar and identity tag with your name, address and phone number
- speak to your vet about microchipping (putting an identity microchip under the dog's skin)
- don't let your dog roam on its own (you can also be fined for this)