If you have questions after receiving your annual council tax bill - click here for a guide to where you can find more information.

Find out more about MyAccount

MyAccount is a new way to access your council services.

What is MyAccount?

  • MyAccount allows you to see council information relevant to you.
  • Registered users will be able to find details about their bin collections, ward councillors, benefits and council tax all in one place.
  • Plans are already in place to introduce even more services to MyAccount in the future.
  • In short, MyAccount is an easier and quicker way to interact with us - helping you get on with your day.

Who can use MyAccount?

  • Anyone who is a resident in the Folkestone & Hythe District.
  • Non-residents in the district can also use this system to track the progress of any reports they've made. 

When can I register for MyAccount?

You can register for MyAccount from Monday 3 August.

How can I register for MyAccount?

  • Registrations will be open from Monday 3 August.
  • Click on the MyAccount icon found in the top right corner on the home page of our website.  
  • This will take you through to the MyAccount landing page where you will be asked to register your details.
  • You will be asked to verify your details to access your personal council tax and any benefits information. The reason for this is in line with General Data Privacy Rules (GDPR) we need to make sure you are really you!
  • To verify for your council tax and benefits information you will need a recent copy of your council tax bill for your unique billing key. This is found at the bottom of your bill. You will be asked to enter this code during your council tax information verification.
  • If you are not a registered council tax payer you will not be able to view the council tax and benefits information.

Do I have to register?

  • To meet our customers increased demand for 24/7 self-service and quick access to information, we are moving many of our forms online.
  • MyAccount offers you one place to view information relating to the council services you use.
  • If you wish to view your council tax information and housing benefits information, you will need to register for MyAccount.
  • If you wish to use many of our forms you will have to register with MyAccount. 

Is there a deadline to register for MyAccount?

No, you can register when it is convenient for you. The sooner you register the quicker you will be able to make use of the benefits of having all your own information in one place.

If I'm having difficulty registering who can I contact to help?

  • Call us - Our customer service team is available during office hours from 9am to 5pm on 01303 853000.
    The office hours for the phones are 8.30am to 5pm Mon, Tue, Thurs & Fri. On Wednesdays it is from 9.30am to 5pm.
  • Email - You can also email us on customer.services@folkestone-hythe.gov.uk.
  • Live Chat from 8.30am to 8pm Monday to Friday, except Wednesday 9.30am to 8pm, and Saturdays from 9am to 2pm. Click on the Live Chat icon on our council tax website page https://www.folkestone-hythe.gov.uk/council-tax 

What services are currently included in MyAccount?

By registering for MyAccount you can currently view and interact with the following services:

  • Update your MyAccount details
  • Council tax (if you are a council tax liable party using your unique billing code)
  • Request a copy of your latest council tax bill
  •  View your property council tax band
  • View a history of your council tax bills
  • View a history of your council tax reductions and housing benefits
  • Make a council tax payment
  •  View your housing benefits calculations

Council information

  • View your local councillors and contact details
  • View your local Member of Parliament and contact details
  • View your local polling station

Recycling, waste and bins

  • All your bin collection dates
  • Assisted collections
  • Commercial waste 
  • Clinical and healthcare waste
  • Damaged litter or dog waste bins
  • Inappropriate waste crew behaviour 
  • Bin return
  • Missed bins
  • Street cleaning
  • Bins on highway
  • Collection day spillage 
  • Additional bins
  • New /replacement bins
  • Purple sacks 
  • Property developer bins 
  • Report it forms for dog fouling and dead animals

Planning information

  • Look at planning applications within a 500m radius of your registered property
  • Create a 'watch list' for applications relevant/interesting to you
  • Purchase copies of planning documents
  • Report alleged breaches
  • Make a general enquiry

Freedom of Information / Subject Access Requests

  • Make Freedom of Information (FOI) and Subject Access Request (SAR) enquiries

Building control

  • Request a quote
  • Make a general enquiry

Can I view the information on my mobile phone, or tablet?

Yes. The software used has the added value of ensuring information is easily displayed so that you can view it on a small screen such as a mobile phone.

Can both my partner and I register if we receive one council tax bill?

As long as you are both registered as the liable persons to pay for the council tax, then you can both register for MyAccount independently. You will both need to verify your details using the unique billing key found at the bottom of your council tax bill.

What if I don't pay council tax can I view my benefits?

No, unfortunately to view your benefits it has to be linked to a council tax account. 

If I'm a landlord can I register for MyAccount?

Yes, you can login and register for MyAccount. You will need to verify your details to view and transact on any council tax or benefits information relating to your property that you are liable for. 

If I'm a landlord, what information will I see in MyAccount?

Registered users will be able to find details about their bin collections, ward councillors, benefits and council tax all in one place.

As a landlord you will only be able to see council tax or benefits information relating to you. You will need to verify your details in order to view these.

To access information regarding housing benefit/council tax for your tenants please use the self-serve landlord portal.

What if I want to report dog fouling and I'm not a Folkestone & Hythe District Council resident/ tax payer?

You will be able to register as a guest to submit this particular form.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page