The map below shows the locations and details about car parks in the district.
With immediate effect the Lower Leas Coastal Park car park is closed from 8pm - 8am daily. Please make sure you leave the site on time. We are unable to release any vehicles overnight.
Google map of car parks in the district
- Most council car parks are pay and display between 8:00am and 6:00pm daily. It's usually free to park outside these times
- Sandgate Road Car Park is usually locked at 9:00pm unless there is an event at the Leas Cliff Hall.
Disabled badge holders can park free of charge for up to 3 hours in all Folkestone & Hythe District Council managed pay & display car parks. It is also legal to park on on-street yellow lines for up to 3 hours provided the vehicles do not cause obstructions, such as parking close to junctions. Free parking is also allowed on all on-street pay & display spaces, permit and shared use spaces for as long as necessary.
If you are a Blue badge Holder, you are still liable for a penalty charge notice if you:
- Don’t display your blue badge correctly
- Don’t display your time clock in areas where a time limit applies e.g., car parks, yellow lines
- Park in areas with loading restrictions (yellow kerb markings)
- Park in taxi ranks, loading bays, bus stops, school keep clear markings, footways, suspended bays, EV charging bays without charging etc.
Electric Vehicle Charge Points
The following car parks now have working electric vehicle charging points:
- Tram Road Car Park
- Sandgate Road Car Park
- Wilberforce Road Car Park, Sandgate
- Dymchurch Central Car Park
- Church Road Car Park, New Romney
- Station Road, The Sidings, Lyminge
- Upper Payers
- The Paddocks, Hythe
- Mount Street, Hythe
- The Lade
- Shellons Street Car Park
- Military Road Car Park
- West Street, Car Park
- High Knocke
- Twiss Fort Car Park Hythe
- Battery Point
- Pleydell Gardens
- Lower Payers Car Park, Mill Bay
- East Cliff Pavilion
- Jolly Fisherman, Greatstone
- Fisherman's Beach
- Castle Road Car Park, Sandgate
- The Coastal Park Car Park
- Broomfield Road Car Park
- Civic Centre Car Park
- Lower Sandgate Road West Car Park
Ways to pay
- All pay and display ticket machines accept 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1 and £2 coins; they don't give change
- Pay via the RingGo app using a credit or debit card
- Pay over the phone using a credit or debit card by following the instructions on the pay and display machine
- Contactless: 18 of the district's 27 pay & display car parks and all on-street P&D sites now offer customers the option to make contactless card payments. Instructions are on the P&D machines.
Apply for a car park permit
If you regularly use a council car park, you can apply for a car park resident's permit or season ticket. More information can be found on our parking permit page.