If you are unable to put your bins out for collection, and there is no-one who can do it for you, we may be able to help
The assisted bin collection service is free and is available to residents in the district.
This service is applicable for recycling, rubbish and garden waste collections (if subscribed).
What you need to do
- click on the request button below and log into your MyAccount (or create an account if you don't already have one) to complete the online form to request an assisted bin collection. If you are already logged into your MyAccount the form will automatically open
- advise us of your preferred collection point
- tell us the reason that you are applying for assisted waste collections
- MyAccount is an easier and quicker way to interact with us and is available 24/7. For information about MyAccount visit the find out more page (opens in new window)
Request an assisted bin collection
We can collect your bins from an agreed location on your property, and then return them to the same place when we've emptied them. The place you choose to leave your bins should be convenient for you and must be easy for the collection crew to access. It can be directly outside your front door or by a side door, but you will need to leave gates unlocked on the collection day to let the crew get to it.
You can say how long you need the service. It can be for a 'temporary' period of time, for example if you are injured or recovering from an operation, or it can be a 'permanent' amount of time, however we may occasionally contact you to check whether our records are accurate and to find out whether you still wish to use the assisted bin collection service.
This form can be completed on behalf of a resident but you will need to provide the details including their name and address of the person who requires the service.
This service is strictly for residents who are:
- elderly or infirm
- recovering from a short or long term illness
- one of the above with no access to a carer, friend, relative or neighbour (aged over 16) to put your bins out
If we find you do not meet the criteria the service may be withdrawn or your application rejected.
This service is not available for residents that use communal bin stores.
What happens next
Once we've received your request, within 10 working days you will be contacted to confirm when collections will take place from or you will be contacted to discuss your application.