Find out what to do if you find discarded needles or sharps in the district. Also information of where you can dispose of your used needles
If you want to report needles or sharps that have been discarded or are present in litter, please immediately call 01303 853660 as this requires immediate attention
You can take your used needles to any of the following pharmacies:-
- McArdle Pharmacy, 41 Canterbury Road, Folkestone, Kent, CT19 5NJ
- The Central Pharmacy, 104 Cheriton Road, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 2QN
- Taylors Pharmacy, 362 - 364 Cheriton Road, Folkestone, Kent, CT19 4DX
- Boots, 95-97 High Street, Hythe, Kent, CT21 5JH
- Co-op Chemist, 25 High Street, Lydd, Romney Marsh, Kent, TN29 9AH
Or we can arrange a collection of your used needles, but these will need to be securely kept, in a sharps box, for collection day and then placed in a safe location (i.e. not on the public footpath) for when the collection team arrive.
The normal collection day for used needles will be on a Thursday and you will be notified once confirmed. If you want to arrange a collection of your used needles please follow the below instructions.
What you need to do
- click on the request button below and log into your MyAccount (or create an account if you don't already have one) to complete the online form to request a used needles collection. If you are already logged into your MyAccount the form will automatically open
- select 'used needles' from the options on the form
- let us know how many needles (approximately) need collecting
- tell us if the needles contained a contagious substance
- advise where the container will be placed for collection and confirm that the needles are in a sharps box or something similar
- MyAccount is an easier and quicker way to interact with us and is available 24/7. For information about MyAccount visit the find out more page.
What happens next
On submission of the form it will be passed to the Waste Team to consider the request and you will be contacted within 7 working days to advise further.
If you require a collection of medical waste (other than used needles) please visit the clinical waste collections page