We are sorry for the issues some residents are experiencing with their waste collections. Report a missed bin here.


There are two types of household insurance policies:

Buildings Insurance

The Council is responsible for insuring its buildings. The cost of the buildings insurance is included in your rent if you are a tenant; if you are a Leaseholder or shared owner it is included in your annual service charge.

Icon for pdf Folkestone & Hythe Housing Building Insurance Cover Summary [280.4KB]

Contents Insurance

This is your responsibility and protects you against damage or loss of your possessions. The council provides a Tenants Contents Insurance Scheme that is available to the tenants of Folkestone & Hythe District Council.

To read more about our insurance scheme for tenants please read the Information document alongside the Home Contents Insurance Product Information pack. 

Icon for pdf Home Contents Insurance Summary [46.62KB]

Icon for pdf Pay as you go - Home Contents Insurance Application [896.35KB]

You can email housing.service@folkestone-hythe.gov.uk  if you have any further queries.


Folkestone & Hythe District Council does not insure tenants' furnishings or belongings. We strongly recommend that you take out your own home contents insurance. This will cover you against damage from fire, flood, break-in, vandalism or accidents related to belongings.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page