Radnor Park

Radnor Park was donated to the people of Folkestone by the Earl of Radnor in 1886

Original features included ponds, a mock-Tudor Lodge, tree avenues and a drinking fountain. Many of these features still exist on the park and following extensive renovations in 2016 and 2017, the drinking fountain is again working with a new statue of St Eanswythe (the Patron Saint of Folkestone) watching over the park.

The lodge has been renovated in partnership with East Kent College and is now run by the college as a tea room.

Funding for the renovations came from many different bodies including Folkestone & Hythe District Council, The Roger De Haan Charitable Trust, Folkestone Town Council and East Kent College.

Visiting the park

Access is easy into the whole park by car, foot, bicycle and public transport. Central Station train station which offers a high speed service to London is right opposite and local buses stop on the eastern side of the upper park.

The fun fair, circus and the infamous Donkey Derby take place here every year making it a great place to visit for families.

The lower park offers a contrast to the upper park with the emphasis on quiet recreation spaces for people and wildlife to enjoy.

The park offers 

  • Wide open spaces for informal recreation activities
  • Goal posts
  • Fishing and boating ponds 
  • Bowls club
  • Two modern play areas
  • Drinking fountain 
  • Stream 
  • Family events such as the fun fair, circus and Donkey Derby 
  • Tea Room 
  • Toilet facilities (including RADAR access and baby changing) 
  • Picnic tables (and grass areas for picnics) 
  • Fenced dog run 
  • Floral displays