You can request additional bin/s for your property but please read the criteria below for requesting additional refuse or recycling bins.
What you need to do to request an additional bin
- click on the request button and log into your MyAccount (or create an account if you don't already have one) to complete the online form to request an additional bin. If you are already logged into your MyAccount the form will automatically open
- confirm that you can store the item/s off the highway
- pay the appropriate charges for the item/s selected
Additional bin requirements
If you have too much household waste (refuse) to go into your normal household waste bin you can request an additional 180 litre refuse bin but only:
- if your household is a large family (consists of 6 or more people) and,
- when you pay the charge to supply an additional refuse bin of £57.60 at the time of making the request
Please note the additional refuse bin can take up to 28 working days to be delivered once form submitted and payment made.
If you require an additional refuse bin due to a medical reason please see our clinical waste collections page
If you are not eligible for an additional refuse bin (i.e. you do not have a household of six or more people) then you will need to dispose of your additional waste at your nearest household waste recycling centre. Check to see where your nearest recycling centre is.
Please note we will not collect black sacks left next to your bin.
If you require any additional recycling bins or boxes for your household then you will need to pay the applicable charge for your selected item/s. Charges are as follows:
|Purple lid||240 litre recycling bin (purple lid) for dry recycling||£55.00|
|Purple box||55 litre recycling box (purple) for dry recycling (no lid)||£16.85|
|Black box||55 litre recycling box (black) for paper & card recycling (no lid)||£16.85|
|Green caddy||23 litre external kerbside caddy (green) for food waste||£16.80|
|Grey caddy||5 litre internal kitchen caddy (grey) for food waste||£11.25|
- the external kerbside green caddy is the bin that is collected and emptied by the waste crew on a weekly basis and normally stored outside. For more information on recycling visit the what can be recycled page
- the boxes do not come with lids
- any additional bins requested will need to be stored off the highway on non-collection days
- your item/s can take up to 28 working days to be delivered after submission and payment being made
- if you require an additional bin for the garden waste service you can join the garden waste scheme
- if you have communal bins at the property then you will need to speak to your landlord and/or managing agent and ask them to contact us to discuss any additional requirements for the site
- if your bin was stolen, not there when you moved into a property or damaged by someone else, then you will need to buy replacements and this can be done by requesting a new or replacement bin
What happens next
Once the form and the appropriate payment has been made and submitted then the requested item/s will be delivered to the property within 28 working days. Please note that the waste team may need to contact you if they have any queries regarding your request.