We are sorry for the issues some residents are experiencing with their waste collections. Report a missed bin here.

Alcohol, entertainment and late night food licences

Activities must be authorised by a premises licence, a club premises certificate or a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) for the:

  • Retail sale of alcohol
  • Supply of alcohol to a club member or guest (qualifying clubs only)
  • Provision of regulated entertainment
  • Hot food or hot drink between 11pm and 5am (except for hotel guests and workplace canteens)

Find out more about licensable activities here.

You can read our Licensing Policy which sets out our approach to our functions under the Licensing Act 2003.

Icon for pdf Licensing Policy Statement 2016-2021 [505.75KB]

Our high quality, professional advice will make the process of applying for a premises licence run more smoothly
Apply for a premises licence if you want to sell or provide any other licensable activities on a permanent basis
A person named as the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) on a premises licence must hold a personal licence
When you apply for a licence you must send a copy of your application to other organisations (responsible authorities), who may make representations.
Submit a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) to carry at licensable activities at a small event

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page