Apply for Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) permits for residents (on street)

A permit to protect parking for residents within a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) although it doesn't guarantee a parking space.  This permit is for a main residence or second home.

How it works

The permit holder is allowed to park their vehicle (car, invalid carriage, or goods vehicle) in permit holder and shared use bays in the permit zone during operational hours. Permits are non-transferable, so if there are several vehicles in your household, apply for a shared permit.

Please note only the vehicle quoted on the permit will be able to park without restriction within the CPZ at any one time.

Blue Badge holders; do not require a permit to park in permit holder or shared use bays. 

Before you start

To be eligible, your address needs to be in a CPZ.

Find out if your address is within a parking zone using My Area under the ‘Your Area’ section. My Area – Folkestone & Hythe District Council (  

What do I need to provide with my application?

You must provide a valid email address and submit proof of address and proof of vehicle ownership. Documents must be in the same name as your application and if you're providing bills or bank statements, these should be recent examples no more than six months old. Both documents must show your address within the controlled zone. A full list of accepted documents can be found in the terms and conditions.

Please note, we do not accept mobile phone bills as a proof of address.

Second home

We will require a copy of your council tax bill showing the second home address.

For vehicles purchased in the last three months

You will need to provide the following.

  • the receipt of the sale or the new keeper supplement
  • your insurance document showing the vehicle registration, with the permit applicant's name and address (this is usually the insurance schedule)

How to apply

Apply online using the button below. You can apply for up to two permits. Please ensure you read the terms and conditions below before applying so you are aware of the full eligibility criteria and terms and conditions of the permit. 

Terms and conditions: - Parking Zone Permits | Folkestone & Hythe District Council (

Apply for a CPZ Resident Permit (On Street)

A shared permit has two vehicles listed on the permit but only one vehicle will be valid to park in the Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) at any given time.

Apply for a CPZ Shared Permit (On Street)

This permit is virtual, and you will not need to display anything in your vehicle when parking.

How much it costs

Type of Permit Charge
CPZ Residents Permit £42.00
CPZ Shared Resident Permit £42.00

Courtesy cars

If you're going to be using a courtesy car for less than a week, please contact us so we can arrange to issue a temporary permit.

If you're going to be using a courtesy car for longer than a week, use the parking permit amendment form.

Company vehicles

  • you must submit a letter on headed paper from your company secretary or a senior company representative confirming that the vehicle is owned or leased by the company and that you, the employee is the sole keeper or user of the vehicle.
  • you will also need to supply a copy of the vehicle registration document if the company owns the vehicle, or a copy of the hire/lease agreement if the company leases the vehicle.