Guide for event planning

Event application

If you're organising an event on council land, we need to know at least three months in advance. You can apply online using our EventApp service

Apply to hold an event

Use our EventApp service if you're organising a public outdoors event:

  • on council land, or
  • that is a large scale, high risk, or special public event on private land, or
  • that requires a road closure, or
  • takes place over a number of days, or
  • that requires a Temporary Events Notice (TENs) and is in a public setting

If you wish to hold your event on Radnor Park please submit your application through EventApp no later than 15 February each year. Days will be allocated by the 2nd week of March and you will be notified as to whether you are successful or not.

Check event fees and charges

Start your event application now

Please ensure you are using an up to date Internet browser to access EventApp.  If you are experiencing technical issues relating to EventApp, please call the software provider on 020 7620 0391 or email and their customer support team will be happy to help.

Before you start

You'll need an email address to register to use this service.

For road closures, contact Kent County Council at least 15 weeks in advance of the event.

Apply for a temporary event notice (TEN) if you want to sell or supply alcohol, or your event will include other licensable activities.

If your event is catered, ensure that the food business hired meet food hygiene requirements. 

You can verify the hygiene rating of any business by visiting Food Standards Agency website.

Useful documents

FHDC Events Management Policy (PDF, 374KB)

Counter Terrorism Event Guidance (PDF, 1.79MB)

The Kent Safety Advisory Group Event Planning Guidance (PDF, 1.17MB)