Housing Benefit

All information and guidance relating to benefits can be found in this section

Apply for Housing Benefit Apply for Housing Benefit, submit evidence, and more Tell us about a change If something changes that could affect your Housing Benefit, let us know using one of our online forms Cancel your Housing Benefit If you want to cancel your Housing Benefit, you can do so using our online form. You can also use this form to cancel Council Tax reduction at the same time Apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) You may be able to get a DHP if you're already getting Housing Benefit or Universal Credit Benefits calculator Our benefits calculator will help you find out what benefits you can claim. It should only take 10 minutes to complete How it works How we work out the amount you'll receive, when it's paid, and details of recent changes to the welfare system Universal Credit Universal Credit is a monthly payment for people who are on low income or are out of work Housing Benefit appeals How to appeal a Housing Benefit decision, and what to do if you disagree with a rent valuation Overpayments An overpayment is an amount of benefit we have paid to someone when they are not entitled to it Claim an extended payment period You may be eligible for an extended payment period for your Housing Benefit if you're on benefits and are starting a job or increasing your hours Housing Benefit and Council Tax for landlords Use landlord self serve, or notify us of any change in circumstances Report benefit fraud If you suspect someone of Housing Benefit fraud, report it directly to the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)